Terms & Conditions
Gigs before the race at Salcombe
Conditions of Hire
- The booking form is a binding contract of tenancy between the owner of 9 Victoria Quay and the tenant.
- Provisional reservations can be accepted by telephone and must be confirmed within five working days by the arrival of a deposit equal to 30% of the total rent. Provisional reservations will be cancelled after such time without further reference. Please make cheques payable to: C. TEE
- Once a provisional reservation has been confirmed, the tenant is responsible for the total rent, the balance of which is to be received by at least 56 days prior to arrival. The tenant will indemnify the owner against cost for the recovery of rent not paid.
- For bookings made 56 days or less before arrival, the rent is payable in full when booking.
- CANCELLATION PROTECTION: A holiday booking is a legally binding contract. In the event of cancellation, for whatever reason, under the law the tenant is liable for any cancellation charges. In the tenant’s interest no booking will be accepted without confirmation of the tenant’s insurance policy for cancellation insurance, together with a photocopy of this insurance.
- Properties are available for occupation from 3.30 p.m. on the day of arrival and must be vacated by 10.30 a.m. on the day of departure.
- Any damage or breakage noticed on taking occupancy of the property must be reported within 24 hours to the owner or caretaker.
- The property and its fixtures and fittings, must be left in a clean and tidy condition, and ready for the incoming tenant. The tenant is responsible for any damage or breakages during the period of occupancy. Such losses or additional cleaning charges (if the property is left in an unsatisfactory condition) will be billed to the tenant. The £100 deposit will be retained in whole or part against any cost or charges incurred and the tenant will be responsible for the whole balance of any costs or charges after the deduction of the deposit.
- The tenant will not cause any annoyance or become a nuisance to tenants or occupants of adjoining premises.
- Articles left by the tenant will be forwarded, but we cannot take responsibility for articles left behind.
- The property owner shall not be held responsible for any accident, loss or damage, which may be sustained by the tenant, member of his party or visitor or their property, however caused.
- If for any reason beyond the owner’s control (e.g. fire or flood damage) the property is not available on the date booked, all rent and charges paid in advance by the tenant will be refunded in full, but the tenant shall have no further claim against the owners.
- Accommodation is let for the specified number of tenants only and excess of these numbers cannot be accepted. The signatory must be a member of the party occupying the property.
- Pets are not allowed
- Every effort will be made to ensure the standard described, and that all items of equipment listed are in good working order. If any breakdown occurs repairs are always effected as soon as possible, however no guarantee is given or liability accepted for any breakdown.
- Any contract shall be governed by English law and interpretation, and court hearings restricted to the area in which the property is situated.
- All details are given in good faith as to their accuracy, but circumstances may necessitate changes at short notice. In the event of any significant change the tenant will be informed as soon as possible.
- All bookings are accepted at the discretion of the property owner; a returned booking sheet and cheque does not trigger the contract until the booking is confirmed in writing. If you do not hear from us within 7 days you must contact us to confirm your booking or it will not be made.
- A security deposit of £100.00 is required and will be held by theowner to use at his absolute discretion for the remedy of any breakage, damage or other breach of these Conditions. It will be returned by post within ten days of the last day of your stay provided it is not required.
- The owner reserves the right to terminate the tenancy at any time without notice or compensation in the event of any breach of the terms and conditions.